2021/ « I FACTORY »
CLIENT: UNIVERSITY OF LYON
LEAD CONTRACTOR : Z ARCHITECTURE
CONSTRUCTION COST: 12.5 M €
SURFACE AREA: 1400 M2
The project was born out of the following convictions:
- A specific urban anchor and identity of the university campus « La Doua » in Lyon.
- A pragmatic building at the service of innovation.
- An extremely rational construction principle inspired
by industrials’« process buildings » :
- Maximum ease of use and flexibility for users.
- Minimal care and maintenance costs for the University
- There was an attractive need for space, enabling the I-Factory to become a “totem” (iconic) site and to stand out from the crowd in an increasingly accelerated, competitive, and globalized environment.